We spend a fortune in this country for skin care products. There are products for dry skin, oily skin and combination skin. The real big sellers are acne products and anti aging skin care products. Below I have listed six skin care tips that will save you a lot of money if you follow them closely.
1) Eat healthy food. What you put into your body is as important as what you put onto your skin. We pay a lot for vitamins in our skin care products when we should be paying a lot less to include them in out diet. East protein, vegetables and whole-grains, and avoid sugar and processed foods. This is probably the most important of all the skin care tips.
2) Know your skin type. This is very important because not every skin care product suits every type of skin. If you use a dry skin care product on oily skin you could end up with pimples or acne. Dry skin could become further dehydrated if dry skin care products are not used.
3) Always exfoliate your skin, both your face and body. This helps to remove dead skin cells and other dirt and debris from your skin. It will also expose fresh healthy skin and also help the absorption of skin creams and lotions. You can use an oatmeal and honey mix to save buying a commercial exfoliant.
4) Keep your skin moist. This is one of the most important skin care tips if your skin is dry. Dry skin can have a rough and unattractive appearance if it’s not well hydrated. Use moisturisers day and night and apply them while the skin is still damp. It also helps to drink plenty of water.
5) Regular exercise could have a positive impact on your complexion. What kind of exercise? It doesn’t matter. All types of exercise will increase circulation and bring nutrients to the skin at the same time as improving your health. If exercising during the daytime, remember to wear a sunscreen on your face.
6) Avoid too much sun exposure. We need some sun to produce vitamin D, but over-exposure could lead to burning and early signs of aging. If you must have a suntan, buy the spray-on variety. Remember there is nothing healthy about a dark sun tan. It is a sign of stressed skin trying to defend itself.
Following just these few skin care tips will keep your skin and body healthy. Try them for a few weeks and see the difference.